Available for Metals and Plastics
Spot- and seam welding of metals with lasers is precise and allows joining of very small welding spots and finest welding seams of miniaturized, electrical components. By using galvo scanning heads, the process is very quickly and flexibly adjustable. Integrated image processing systems allow the reliable automated processing even with position tolerances of the components.
The laser transmission welding of plastics completely displaces the connection into the inner of the join partner, works with minimal heat input and leaves the surfaces in perfect condition. Therefore, also sensitive components, such as in sensors, can be welded gas-proof. Competing methods like the bonding of plastics require surface treatment and work with organic dissolvers. Sometimes, like the welding with heating elements or hot air, they are cheap, but dull and soon wore out.
- Pressure-tight seam welding with motor-driven rotating axis for fixing a membrane.
- Helium-tight seam welding with laser and galvanometric scanner. For this application high reflective materials such as copper or aluminum are welded with a fiber laser. Besides many other industries, the batteries are used for example within the automotive or mobilephone industry.
- Single battery cells are connected in series or parallel within a battery module. This is realized by the electrical connection of the contact tabs/arrestors. During the welding process for contacting, the heat input must be kept at a minimum, making the laser the ideal tool. Because high reflecting materials such as copper or aluminum have to be joined, the fiber laser in combination with a 2D scanner solution is the right choice for this application. Usually for this application output powers of up to 2 kW are used.
- Together with further peripheral components, several battery modules are assembled to one battery pack for use e.g. in electric cars.
- Spot welding of metal covers (e.g.in mobile phones)