To start with CNC, it stands for Computer numerical control. It can be described as the automation of machine tools with the help of machines with the feature of executing pre-programmed sequences of machine control commands. They are different from those machines that are manually controlled by hand wheels or levers, or sometimes mechanically automated by CAMs alone.
When we talk about modern CNC systems, the system is highly automated which includes both the design of a mechanical part and its manufacturing program. Generally the mechanical dimensions of the mechanical part are defined using CAD (computer-aided design) software. These definitions are then translated into manufacturing directives with the help of CAM which stands for computer aided manufacturing.
Although there are a wide range of uses of CNC in forms of various machines, some of the examples may be CNC mills, CNC lathes, plasma cutters, or water jet cutter. Among the varied range of machines, one is the CNC laser welding machine on which we will discuss now. Read further to learn about the uses of CNC laser welding machine:
- Metal welding: The CNC laser welding machine enables heat conduction welding and deep welding along with the scanner welding methods. It can also be used as solid state lasers like disk lasers and diode lasers combined with special welding lenses. For laser cutting, CNC laser welding machine can facilitate an adapted processing space. It is known for facilitating 3D welding. So, it can be used to join or weld complex shapes such as profiles and moulded parts. Also additional gases can be fed into the welding process depending on the processing required. It is done through a built-in system within the laser machine enabling a considerable degree of influence on the characteristics of process. This also offers the possibility of an automatic wire feed for the situations where special welding is needed.
- Automobile industry: The CNC Laser Welding Machine can be used to perform strong laser-welded joints. Those strong laser-welded joints can be used in the automobile industry. One of the fields in the automobile industry where it can be used is powertrain systems for automotive. You may search CNC cutting machine for more details.
- Plastic welding: The laser welding machine can also be used for transmission welding of plastics. It can also be used to laser weld 3D shapes depending on the setup of the machine for plastic welding.
- Electronics industry: The CNC laser welding machine also finds its application in electronics industry. In this industry it can be used for electrical connection elements. Multipoint connector strips can be the example for such connection elements. This machine can also be used in the automotive industry and food industry. In automotive industry, it can be used in case of rear mirrors or lights.
- Precise and cost-effective production: The CNC laser welding machine always finds its application whenever precise and cost effective production is required. Through the use of this machine, string and visually flawless seams can be achieved. This machine is known for increasing the efficiency of large scale industrial applications.
So, we have seen that these laser welding machines are used in many fields to make high quality joints in an effective, economic and contactless manner. They are known to make flawless seams in metal plates, plastic components, building components and even jewellery. For more information, you may search CNC laser welding Laser Automation